Produced Water Treatment
Produced water is a by-product from the up-stream Oil and Gas industry and contains potentially harmful contaminants that must be removed before discharge.
Produced water may be briny and have a high level of dissolved solids contents. It often contains heavy metals or naturally occurring radioactive materials (NORM).
The ABCAN system can remove all of these contaminants, is portable and has a high throughput.
How Does It Work?
The ABCAN system uses a granule-based filter media with surfactant and ion exchange capability that will attach to any TPH, BTEX, PAH or heavy metals present and bind them to the EDFAB media.
The ABCAN system is designed to be fully automated with minimal manual input.
It is a passive system and not reliant on chemical dosing.
- High throughput (up to 1,000m3 per hour)
- Removes dissolved as well as free oil.
- Removes Hydrogen Sulphides.
- Removes any metals as identified and required by the customer.
- Can deal with water with high TDS content.
- Can be designed with automatic emptying and filling.
- Easy to operate with minimal manual input.
- Small footprint.
- Cost effective.
- Minimises volume of hazardous waste for disposal and therefore reduces risks.
- Can be adjusted to meet specific discharge parameters.
ABCAN provides water treatment equipment for hire, system design expertise, media supplies and ongoing technical support for each project.
Additional Waste Water and Sludge Treatment
ABCAN can treat or remove various chemicals and contaminants including:
- Hexavalent Chrome (Chrome vi)
- Iron (and Iron Cyanide)
- Radioactive Material
- We can treat waste with emulsions and reverse emulsions