ABCAN provides specialist services and
equipment for the separation of oil
from sand/solid materials and water
using our patented Sand Attrition
The SAU has been proven to significantly reduce processing time, increase oil recovery and minimise waste disposal in many projects around the globe, including Europe, North America and Middle East.
The SAU is ideal for use on:
• tank bottoms processing
• oily lagoon clean up
• fracking sands
• processing oil sands
How Does It Work?
The SAU is a high attrition scrubber. High-pressure water is used to mechanically separate oil/water emulsions and reverse emulsions.
The inter-particulate action removes surface contamination.
Separation is achieved by a physical process that does not require either chemicals or high temperatures.
The process can be powered either mechanically or via the introduction of high pressure water.
• Almost complete elimination of disposal waste.
– Full water recovery <15PPM.
– Sand/solids classified as inert for disposal (depending on local regulations).
• Oil asset recovery (possible to recover >98% of oil and return to client’s nominated location).
• Faster processing (Volumes of up to 120m3 per hour have been achieved in live projects).
• On-site processing resulting in lower transport costs and risks.
• Separate removal of wide range of contaminants according to clients requirements.
• Lower processing costs.
• Small footprint.
ABCAN provides the SAU for hire along with system design expertise, substrate testing, technical support and training. We can also provide ancillary equipment as required.
Additional Waste Water and Sludge Treatment
ABCAN can treat or remove various chemicals and contaminants including:
- Hexavalent Chrome (Chrome vi)
- Iron (and Iron Cyanide)
- Radioactive Material
- We can treat waste with emulsions and reverse emulsions
Example SAU set up - Stage 1 recirculation
Example SAU set up - Stage 2 Pump out
To find out more about how ABCAN can assist your oil/water separation,
please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org